Monday, March 23, 2009

Spots and Nostalgia

The spots are back. Caleb's teacher called me from school today to tell me his arm was itchy and spotty. I did notice that his back was quite mottled this morning, but I thought it was just the lighting (it's still dark when we leave now). SO the pediatrician's plan (and let me just say that trying to make all these phone calls while teaching is QUITE annoying!) is to take Caleb in tomorrow morning for labwork. IF his counts are all normal, we can stop pounding his body with allergens and be DONE! Since he's been on antibiotics for a total of 35 days, I'm thinking I LIKE this plan VERY MUCH!

Also tonight we had this conversation at dinner:
Me to Scott: How would you like to get gas in my car while you're out?
Scott: I'm tired. How about a nap instead?
Me: Sure-Nikki go bathe Caleb.
Nikki: Okay!
Scott: And go get gas when you're done. Just take a pillow so you look taller.
Nikki: You know, in two years, I WILL be able to drive.
Me: blink, blink
Scott: [under his breath] Oh sh*%!

As it turns out, I ran the errands (picked up GS cookies & a book from the library, went to Henry's, got gas) and while I was driving they played this song on the radio. I got quite teary thinking of how little time we have left with Nik, especially since the time we've already had has flown by. While I know that this is supposed to be how it works, that they're only on loan for 18 years, I can't help but feel a little sad about the fact that my baby girl is growing up so fast.

1 comment:

TAMI said...

That conversation is hilarious!! Our oldest two are "back to back" so I feel like there won't be much of a break between the "losings" - but we'll be joyful too, and then we'll turn ALL of our attention on the youngest one .... and by then she'll be just old enough to spurn it!!