Thursday, March 5, 2009

Moving On

Enough about infections and hospitals, and we're not even going to talk about my cold. Let's talk about Lent!

I got to go to Lenten services last night and, even though I can't actually sing, it was GREAT! And today I found this little tidbit about eco-friendly things I can give up during Lent. I've actually already done a lot of them. We have water delivered in re-usable jugs and each have our own bottles to take to school with us, we use cloth grocery bags (and I even found cool produce bags on Etsy!), we signed up at GreenDimes (now Tonic Mailstopper) a year ago and now rarely get a catalog, we use re-usable towels for cleaning and cloth napkins for eating, we don't dry clean at all (if it's not washable I don't buy it!), and if I could find recycled TP or paper towels, I would certainly buy them (we buy recycled notebook paper, if that counts, and no paper gets recycled without print on both sides).

But I find that I am almost to the bottom of an industrial-sized powdered Tide and I am once again considering trying a green laundry detergent. I know a few of you who actually read this blog are also doing your parts to save the Earth. Any recommendations? I need one that REALLY CLEANS!

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I love Seventh Generation. It is the only cleaning supply brand we use. We use the laundry detergent, dish soap, and dish washer detergent. You can not trust a lot of the so called "green" companies but so far I have been impressed with Seventh Generation.