Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Recuperating

Caleb and I enjoyed a quiet day at home today! I kept thinking we were going to do things like, oh, grocery shopping (everything in the fridge was bad), making a trip to Costco. Caleb wasn't having it. He wanted to stay in his house, in his pajamas, and play with HIS toys! I was happy to oblige.

So instead, I called all of Caleb's teachers (three of them), did three loads of laundry, cleaned out the fridge, washed the fridge, washed all the containers that had decaying food that were in the fridge (can you tell my household has suffered from neglect since my mom's surgery?), and read. Oh, and I drank three doses of Airborne and sucked on zinc/echinacea lozenges all day because I am definitely NOT getting sick, in spite of what my body is hinting.

Tomorrow, we return to reality. It will probably be ugly since I've been out for a week. I don't care. Our boy is home, and walking, and getting better every day. It doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

TAMI said...

Cindy ~
I'm so glad you've all been brought through such a hospital adventure. Certainly Caleb was anxious to play again with HIS OWN toys and sleep in his own bed! Wish I could've been here to support you practically that week, but I'm grateful you found more than adequate help from other wonderful friends & family who brought food, company during late night walks, and time for sleep! We'll look forward to seeing Caleb jumping around in the backyard again!!

Lisa said...

Cindy! I am so happy to hear you all are recuperating and enjoying some peace and quiet. Don't feel bad...my fridge gets like that without huge hospital ordeals. Good luck on getting back to work...just make the peer helpers step up and do stuff for you!! LOL! Miss you guys!