Saturday, March 14, 2009

FRUSTRATION!

So Caleb's rash is WAY worse! It's all over his body, and I mean ALL OVER-everywhere but his scalp!! Yesterday, he went into the bathroom and said, "Uh oh, Mommy! I have spots in my underwear." Yeah, well, you have spots on the parts of you that go in your underwear...

Scott took him back to the doctor today and they decided he is having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. GREAT! So now he has to take another, far less tasty antibiotic. This one has to be mixed into applesauce or yogurt (or pudding!) because it comes in capsule form. He's already onto us, and he's only had one dose.

When I put him in the bath tonight, I was shocked to see how awful he looked. His cheeks are two big red spots, and he has bright red welts all over his body. His left calf is so bad that it is just a big red patch. I called nurse triage and they want him back in the office in the morning.

He's back on the prayer list at church, and I would sure appreciate it if he could be back on yours, as well. He's had just about enough.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Poor guy! (Ice cream is another substitute for yogurt or apple sauce... or kefir is good too, if you want to go healthy.)

Anonymous said...

I have always gone to Call a Nurse for all of my health concerns. Because of my family history I need to have regular checkups and whenever I have a question I call Call a Nurse and they are always very polite and knowledgeable. It is very important to stay on top of your health and have a check up at least once a year to ensure that you remain healthy. Many health problems are curable but you need to catch them in time. Do not wait to go see a doctor because it may be too late.