Friday, February 29, 2008

Technology Catastrophe

I am writing this post from our desktop computer instead of my laptop. Why? Because I left my laptop on my table to go help seniors fill out FAFSAs, and when I got back a co-worker had spilled tea into my keyboard. So now it DOESN'T type Cs, but it DOES type 4s over and over again. This laptop is only 18 months old. It also has our calendar, our finances, all of our pictures, and, oh yeah, all my MA work on it. Since all of my passwords have "C" in them, I can't get back in to anything.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very expensive fix.

Oh yeah, and the DVD player, which I bought a month ago, stopped working tonight.

It's a bad, bad day for technology.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

it's fixable!!! one time I spilled water on my laptop and i couldn't type J. but then a guy I knew cleaned it somehow and it seemed pretty easy. I think you'll be ok!

Cindy said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Anything is worth a shot. :P