Thursday, February 12, 2009

The longest week...

On Monday, the kids' godmom and I were talking about how four-day school weeks seem longer than regular ones. Even taking that into account, this has been the longest week ever.

  • Monday: Surgery day. Hospital from 6-2, nap, laundry & cleaning.
  • Tuesday: Work, pick up Nikki & friend at 3 to get ready for dance, drop off at dance at 4, head to hospital, Girl Scout meeting at 7:30, home at 9.
  • Wednesday: Work, meeting until 3, pick up both kids, pack up kids, get gas, drive to hospital (where Godmom took the kids to here house after a brief visit), hang out with Mom at hospital until Dad arrives at 7:00, go to Godmom's for dinner & to get kids, home at 9.
  • Thursday: Work, meeting until 3:30, students until 4:30, drive to Mom's house (yeah!-she's home!), heat up dinner left by a wonderful friend, grocery shopping for Mom & Dad, home at 8:30.
What I'm thankful for tonight: A healthy, cancer-free Mom (even though she's in pain and exhausted); a wonderful, supportive husband who took care of the kids when I couldn't; Dad and all Mom's friends who took care of her when she needed them; Godmom; the fact that tomorrow is Friday, followed by a three-day weekend!

I think I can, I think I can...

1 comment:

Sharan said...

You sure are a busy, busy woman. Luckily some of it is temporary. Glad your mom is doing so well. LAS