Saturday, February 28, 2009

Before heading back to the hospital...

Here are some of the things I am grateful for this morning:
  • Proper diagnosis for Caleb. It almost didn't happen and that most certainly would have made things far worse. This is definitely an answer to prayer.
  • My wonderful husband who let me come home and sleep for 8 1/2 glorious hours last night!
  • My wonderful mother who, less than three weeks after HER surgery, came to the hospital yesterday to sit through Caleb's procedure and then took Nikki and her class chinchilla home with her to spend the night.
  • Franck and Susan, who relived Caleb's hospitalization at five weeks last night when they came to visit, dinner in tow.
  • Ronnie, who also came to relive Caleb's hospitalization. ;)
  • Mich for walking with me when I got home at 9:30 last night. It felt GOOD to move and be outside!
  • All our wonderful friends and family who are, as one friend put it, sending up a "chorus of prayers" for Caleb. They're working!!
  • My clean bathroom. I know it seems petty, but I feel better. :)
  • That my child will be well in a few weeks, and that we are not one of those families with children so accustomed to IV poles that they use them as scooters. God likes to give me good doses of perspective. I feel very, very blessed.
Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

Well I am certainly happy that you have the proper diagnosis and that healing can begin. I hope all goes well.