Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why??

Caleb is REALLY excited about Christmas this year. I mean REALLY EXCITED!!! One of the things we do NOT have in our house is a manger scene, primarily because I can't find one that isn't either too expensive or too ugly. So I decided that Caleb needed one that he could play with, and I ordered this one from Big Idea, which came yesterday.

Caleb was really excited with his new Baby Jesus, but as I was taking it out of the box, horror of horrors, this hideous whining began seeping out of the box. Scott, panicked, stepped out of the kitchen and asked, "Is that the cat?"

Oh, no. Like every other mass-marketed toy, this one had batteries that enabled Laura the Carrot to "sing" a ghastly version of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" that was enough to make our hair stand up.

The toy no longer has batteries, and peace has been restored to our house. I just don't know WHY everything has to have batteries???

1 comment:

TAMI said...

I thought maybe it was going to be the Baby Jesus crying!! Glad you had time to do some blogging - even with that extra kid who's "interfering with your life" today!!

(Thanks.)