Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Husband of the Year 2008

You may be partial to yours, but this is why my husband should win this prize:

We had a date yesterday. We dropped off the kids at my parents' at dinnertime and then went to have sushi. After that, my husband willingly went to two different malls so that we could see Twilight (I told him to go to the wrong theater the first time, thereby missing the earlier showtime) and walked around the Macy's home store looking at cookware and furniture. And he even appeared to be having fun while he did it.

Today, he let me lay in bed and read all day. ALL DAY. Until it was time to go get the kids. He even brought me food in bed.

He'd better watch it! I could get spoiled and begin to expect such unselfishness all the time!

Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

TAMI said...

Sounds wonderful!!! Glad you're enjoying your day and your hubby!!

Jenifer said...

I am so jealous. I would love a day in bed or even a whole night (Bry is still up to nurse at least once a night).

Cindy said...

Yeah, it takes a few years. Hang in there!!

Lisa said...

That sounds great! You deserve it! How was the movie? Miss you guys!
ps...I TRY to read...which only happens around 11pm...and for only about 5 minutes before I fall into dreamworld!

Cindy said...

The movie, of course, was not as good as the book. But it was still good.

This is the first year that I've actually been able to read again since Caleb was an infant. And often, it's still at 11:00 pm for five minutes before I fall asleep. ;)

But if you DO get a chance to read, you should definitely NOT read Twilight. It's DANGEROUSLY fun!