Monday, December 22, 2008

Strategery

I was assigned to jury duty on December 10. I decided to exercise my option to do it two weeks after my assigned date because I didn't want to miss a day in the classroom. I decided to go today, thinking that nobody would possibly be doing jury selection three days before Christmas.

Guess what?? I WAS RIGHT!!! Not about the jury selection. They were actually trying to do that today, but there weren't enough potential jurors so they let us go!! I walked in at 8:00 and walked out at 8:15. Then I went shopping. It was GREAT!

SO, if you ever are assigned jury duty around a major holiday, I highly recommend my strategy.

George Bush would be so proud. ;)

1 comment:

TAMI said...

Maybe you haven't heard about "my" jury duty .... Reported on Dec. 5th - ALL 300+ of us were for ONE case. Spent two weeks narrowing those people down to 12 jurors and 6 alternates. The trial starts on Jan. 5th and is scheduled to go into March and maybe April. Meet juror #9. I'm eager and humbled and privileged to do it though, when at all possible -- I believe it's important!