Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Addicted!

While we were on vacation, I thought it might be fun to take a book. I haven't really read anything for fun in a long time, what with the MA and the two new English preps last year, and the fact that I kept falling asleep when I read because I needed glasses. Then, when school started this year, I became one with my AP Psych textbook, which isn't all that uncomfortable when serving as a pillow. So a fun book, a mindless book, an easy book written AFTER 2000, sounded like fun.

And it was. Too much fun.

On our vacation, I became hopelessly addicted to the Twilight series. I know, I know. Vampires?! But it was really GOOD! So good that I read the first book in two days. We then went to four different bookstores to find book two, which only lasted two more days. Then we were in DC, where we visited two more bookstores in search of book three. And, you guessed it, two days later we were back at the bookstore in Williamsburg looking for book four. I finished as we boarded the plane home Sunday night. Nikki and I are going to see the movie on Friday.

So now I am back to my psych book and a new round of papers to grade. It was fun while it lasted. *sigh*

No comments: