Monday, September 8, 2008

White Coat Syndrome?

When I took my computer in for repair last week, it was doing some crazy things when I moved the mouse (like drawing big squares on the screen and not opening what I was clicking). When I took it into Cry Wolf (finally, six months after my fiasco), it was just fine (aside from the non-functioning keys). The technician said it was "white coat syndrome"-that it would perform poorly until I took it to a professional, at which point it would be perfectly functional. Regardless, they took my beloved laptop and, joy of joys, it WORKS AGAIN WITHOUT AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD. Of course, it cost $300 to get there, but it's fully functional once again!!

When I Googled "white coat syndrome," it said it was the opposite (that the problem only appears IN the doctor's office), but whatever happened to my computer happened to Caleb's hearing aid. As soon as I gave it to the audiologist, it worked.

So now we have a fully functioning laptop AND hearing ears. But, as predicted, the handle to the back hatch on the van broke this morning.

I'm getting the feeling that September may not be my month.

No comments: