Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to School Night

Tonight was Back to School Night at Nikki's new public school. It was very strange to walk onto a campus with which I am totally unfamiliar and meet teachers of whom I have no knowledge. I also didn't know ONE parent. Not one.

All the teachers seemed very capable and knowledgeable. I am a little concerned that the history/language arts teacher is going out on maternity leave in February (maybe even January?), but I guess I don't get to have any say in that, either. Not that I begrudge her her initiation into motherhood, of course. It's just the downside to having been that teacher on maternity leave; I know how disruptive it can be.

I miss the little Catholic school where I know all the parents, all the kids, and all the teachers. They keep stopping to talk to me when I pick up Caleb. They all ask about Nikki and when she's coming back. I think they expected her to hate her new school, or at least miss her old school enough to want to go back. She doesn't-but I do. *sigh*

No comments: