Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dead Hearing Ear

Caleb's hearing aid died sometime in the night. I'm not sure what went wrong. I put the battery back in and turned it on, but it didn't whistle when I closed it in my hand (my own method for checking battery function). So I changed the battery. And it still didn't whistle. So I listened with the little stethescope-looking thing they gave me, and sure enough, dead as a doornail. I checked the first battery with the battery tester and it still had juice.

So tonight I left a message for the audiologist. It's not very reassuring when a two-week-old hearing aid (which, in case I haven't mentioned it, cost TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS!) stops working.

This is so much fun!! :P

2 comments:

leah said...

Ugh! It should be under warranty still, but you certainly expect a hearing aid to last longer than two weeks! Hopefully you can get into your audiologist soon to get it checked out!

Rachel said...

hahahah....

turd.

:p