Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Settling In

We're starting to settle into our school-year reality. Of course, we're only two days into life with students and Nikki's new school, but things seem to be going well so far (not that I'm trying to jinx myself or anything...).

Caleb has accepted the fact that he can no longer be with his teacher from last year (because her class is for little ones in diapers) and is happy to go to school each day. We are taking frequent breaks from his "hearing ears" (or in today's case, all day since Daddy forgot to put them on) and his behavior has been MUCH improved.

Nikki started at her new school yesterday and LOVES it. She has made a couple friends and is managing the walk to and from just fine. She found a mom and son to walk with today on the way there. She went the long way on the way home, but made it just the same. She is very excited about the minimal homework load. We're going to the library today after everyone is snacked and done with homework.

My classes are running smoothly and my students are great. The school is a hot mess, but as long as I hide in my classroom and teach my kids it affects me very little. My only concern is that we may be losing an instrumental colleague and I'm pretty sure the school will fall apart without him. It's close anyway. I'm choosing to pray about it and let God work it out.

So far, so good!

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yea, Cindy,

I'm glad things are going better for Caleb. Well, for ALL of you :0) It probably won't be long until Caleb wants his 'ears' on all the time! Good for Nikki, good for you, and sorry about the 'political' situation at school.

Julie