Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Update

Okay, I do realize I'm the only one who cares about this drama that is unfolding with my laptop. Nonetheless, I update.

This morning I learned that "W" also doesn't work.

The colleague with the tea came by and picked the laptop up. Her techie friend removed all the keys and cleaned under them. No dice. Still no C or W.

She took it to the Apple Store and the "Genius" quoted her $750 and 7-10 business days to fix it. Cry Wolf wants $400 and 4-6 business days. I told her to bring it back and I'll deal with it over Spring Break (can you believe it's in less than two weeks?!?!?).

So I'm still typing on this clunky old keyboard I happened to save from a dead iMac (yes, the original bondi blue ones) that went to Computer Heaven this year. HOWEVER, I do realize how fortunate I am that the computer itself still works.

Oh, how I wish I had closed my computer...

No comments: