Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthday Weekend

My husband and I did something last night that we haven't done for about six months. We had a DATE!! We dropped the kids off at my parents' and went to dinner at PF Chang's and to a movie (Meet the Browns-hilarious!). It was so nice to have a little break. And, because there was no Sunday School today, we just left the kids overnight. Of course, the dog woke us up at 7:00, but that's sure better than 6:00!

Our friend Rachel is very involved with a different Lutheran church, so this morning we went there to enjoy "Holy Humor Sunday." It was a lively service punctuated by jokes told by different members of the congregation. Rachel did both the children's and the grown-ups' sermons, and she was great!! The whole idea for this service is that there used to be a tradition of celebrating Christ's resurrection with practical jokes and humor, because the resurrection was God's greatest practical joke on the devil. Anyway, it was fun and a nice change of pace.

So now we start a new week. Nikki goes back to school tomorrow. I have stories to read, so I guess I'll end this. Happy Sunday!

No comments: