Friday, May 29, 2009

The only constant...

Change is becoming my best friend, which is really ironic since I've always hated it.

Right now, the administrators and a few teachers are deciding on a proposal for the future of our school. I have no idea what this means for our small part of the school. Regardless, our board member wants to tear the school down in a year, which means we either save our small school by moving to another site or our staff and students will be dispersed to the four corners of SDUSD. So I guess we have some work to do.

Devon has been a wonderful addition to the household. He's great with the kids and is working hard to re-learn math so he can pass his proficiency exam for his diploma on June 20. He's eager to find a job and start earning some money, but he has to wait for his ID to come in the mail. He has an orientation for a job-skills program on Monday. He's doing all the right things. I'm very impressed.

And of course, the school year is racing to a close. I will be saying goodbye to my beloved Class of 2009. In the meantime, I am getting the Class of 2010 ready for senior year by working on personal statements.

Oh yeah, and every day our house looks different. I'll post pictures again tomorrow.

Yep, Change and I are great buddies these days.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I've known you for almost 6 years and I am always so impressed with how you handle change!! You seem to ease into change, either with your family, students, or just life in general!!

I admire your confidence in life and how you take day to day challenges!!!

YOU ROCK!!