Saturday, May 16, 2009

Road Trip

I'm writing this in Fresno. Yeah, I know. Here's why.

One of my alumni, Stephanie, is a member of the inaugural class at UC Merced. She graduated today! And Michelle Obama gave the keynote address! So Nikki and I took a road trip. FUN!

I'll post pictures tomorrow, when I have access to my card reader. In the meantime, I hope you'll take the time to read Michelle's speech. I found it to be VERY inspirational. That, and seeing Steph receive her degree, made sitting in the 105-degree heat for four hours worth it!

Now I'd better get some sleep. I have a LONG drive ahead of me tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! That is amazing. Very cool! I hope the drive back treats you well...it can be exhausting! I bet it gives you and Nikki some nice mom/daughter time!! I can't believe you saw Michelle Obama...I'm jealous!!