Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yes we can!

To all of you who wanted McCain to win, stop reading. You'll just be annoyed.

Still with me? GREAT! Because I can't help being EXCITED TONIGHT!!!! And there's almost nobody around me feeling it, so I get to gush here BECAUSE IT'S MY BLOG!

I am 38 years old and this is the first election in which I have been excited to vote for a presidential candidate. In the last several elections, I just wrote in somebody I thought would be better than either of the poor choices I was given. I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Republican. But man, this Decline-to-State voter is HAPPY TONIGHT!!! I'm excited to have hope. I'm excited to have a president who wants to LISTEN to people with whom he disagrees. I'm excited that the majority of Americans were progressive enough to choose this particular man to lead us into the future, and that they turned out in record numbers to do so.

Tonight is a great night to be an American. YIPPEE!

And if you're a McCain fan, and you're still reading even though I warned you, you can move to Canada with my mom. But they have socialized medicine there, sooo....

5 comments:

TAMI said...

I tromped right through your own backyard to cast my McCain vote, and unless you're banishing me to Canada, I much prefer to stay right here as neighbors, and as a proud and hope-filled American!!

Cindy said...

Oh no, I don't want ANYONE to go to Canada. And you're welcome to tromp through my yard to cast a vote for whomever you want, because that's the BEAUTY of living in this country (the voting part, not the back yard)!

Love ya, neighbor!! :D

debcny said...

Hello - nice blog you have here. Beautiful family...
And, I was also pretty happy with the outcome of last nights election - but, mostly surrounded by McCain supporters... so, I will echo your excitement posted here. Yes We Can! =)
deb

Cindy said...

Yeah, Deb! :)

Lisa said...

I could not agree more! Hope is in the air. It is just radiating through so many Americans and I have never been more excited. Thank goodness...its about darn time!