Sunday, November 16, 2008

Something to Pray On

My church is doing a mission trip next year, and I am really feeling excited about it. They're going to Ecuador, and I'm fluent in Spanish. I don't think anyone else who's going on the trip is fluent, although our senior pastor tries. Also, they're going to For His Children orphanage. Obviously, as an adoptive parent, I have a soft spot in my heart for orphaned children. I feel like this would be a fantastic opportunity to serve the Lord in a new way. My heart wants to go!

There are a couple of challenges to this trip, however. It takes place in October, which means I would miss at least a week of work, perhaps a couple days more than that. And it costs $1500. And I'd have to leave my family behind. My brain isn't so sure.

Prayers for guidance would be greatly appreciated. Earthly advice is also helpful. :)

2 comments:

TAMI said...

How exciting! Our church is doing a mission trip to Croatia next year. I'd love to go, but the timing isn't quite right for us ... so I wait, anticipating a future opportunity. As for you, however, I will pray for the Lord's wisdom - and if you choose to do fundraising, our family will be thrilled to contribute.

Susan said...

You must go! You can raise support for the trip! It doesn't have to come out of your pocket.

His will, His bill.