Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Random Thoughts from DC

Did you know that gas is only $1.50/gallon out here?

We rented a GPS, but it only works when it feel like it. Which is sometimes when we are halfway in the wrong direction to where we wanted to go. It's very helpful.

Yesterday we saw the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, WW II Memorial, Korean Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, White House, and a couple of statues in three hours. We were tired.

Today we are planning to visit the capital (-ol?? I can never get that right!) building and Arlington National Cemetery.

Caleb is back in VA with my parents. He went swimming in the indoor pool yesterday and cried when it was time to get out (after two hours!).

It is VERY VERY COLD out here!! It's not a good place to have a hairstyle that requires leaving the house with a wet head. It's really just not a good place to have to go outside. I am learning to appreciate beanies, scarves, and gloves.

I am addicted to the Twilight series. I have visited many bookstores trying to find the right book (first the second, then the third). There doesn't seem to be any shortage of the fourth book, which is only available in hardback, and I now know all the bookstores in Williamsburg. It's a harsh irony that the only time I have to read is when I am far, far away from my library. I'm sure the bookstores appreciate it, however.

We have no Internet in our VA hotel, and we have to walk five minutes to the lodge to use theirs. So I probably won't be posting much for the rest of this trip, either.

Done with disjointed, random post.

No comments: