Thursday, October 9, 2008

More Prayer Requests

Yep, more problems, and even dealing with ears! But this is about Maggie, our nearly-fourteen-year-old Golden Retriever. I went to pet her Tuesday night and was greeted by a large cyst in her left ear. Of course, by the time I found it it was quite late, so I took her to the vet yesterday when we got home.

The vet took one look at her and said, "It's a hematoma. She needs surgery." My first reaction was that I did not want to put my geriatric dog under general anesthesia. The doctor checked her heart and said it sounded great. I asked him what he would do, and he said to do the surgery because she is so uncomfortable. He said it's a simple surgery, but that without it she would be miserable until her ear tissue finally died and shriveled up. GREAT!

So I went home and called my mom (an OR nurse), who said I was being overly cautious and should do it. If Maggie were hers, she would do it. Then I called Ronnie, who worked in the veterinary field for years. She said the same thing. I prayed about it and God hasn't knocked me over the head saying, "DON'T DO IT!!!" (which, in case you were wondering, He generally does do when He needs to).

So tomorrow my puppy, our first baby, is having surgery. If you have time to squeeze in a prayer for a geriatric retriever, I'd really appreciate it...

1 comment:

TAMI said...

I have time. Prayer officially squeezed!

Also, your comment "in case you were wondering, He generally does do when He needs to" struck me deeply tonight. I know so many people who are hungering after hearing the Lord - it's something they've never quite known before. Prayer squeezed in for them too.

Being knocked over the head is an even greater blessing than we'd supposed, I'm SURE!!