Sunday, October 26, 2008

Just Like Me

When we went to check out books from the library last week, a book I had requested this summer finally had come in. The book? My Ears, a book of few words and 70s-era pictures about hearing. It was the only thing I could find when I searched under "hearing aids" when we first found out that we would be acquiring some. So when I saw what ACTUALLY came, I was a little disappointed. Still, we sat down to read it a few nights ago.

It was uninspired. It had few words. But when we got to the page with the picture of the little boy wearing hearing aids, Caleb shouted, "Look!!! It's Caleb!!! He have hearing ears like me!" SOLD! He chose that book to read every night until it was due and we had to take it back.

I went to Amazon and purchased that book and a couple others that talk about deafness and hearing aids. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, if someone you love wears hearing aids and you like to accessorize, Caleb found these very exciting! I'll post pictures tomorrow.

No comments: