Friday, June 20, 2008

Crash & Burn

It's time for the annual post-school-year crash-and-burn. I have tried THREE TIMES to read the same two pages of Invisible Man (Ellison, not Wells) to no avail. I keep falling asleep.

Tomorrow, I have to learn how to tent camp with Girl Scouts. There's got to be SOMETHING they'll teach me that I don't already know. For example, I had to take a "pre-course" before the training, and I didn't know I was supposed to strain the food out of the gray water used for washing dishes before tossing it. So now I'm feeling guilty about the little bits of food that went out with the water in San Clemente. Oh well. I hope the skunk that visited our camp site at 3:00 am and tried to eat our trash found the food bits.

In other news, Caleb had his speech eval through Children's yesterday. He has a "moderate to severe" speech delay. Apparently, there will be no hearing aids until his next audiogram, which is scheduled for late July. They've put him on the waiting list in case of cancellation. In the meantime, we're supposed to teach him to use pronouns. She wants him to say "I" instead of referring to himself in the third person, and she wants him to learn the pronoun "she" (he currently only uses "he" regardless of the person's gender). I really feel like this would be easier if he could UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE SAYING, but we'll give it our best shot.

Oh, and the pump went out on our washer today, but my AWESOME HUSBAND fixed it for only $65 (price of a new pump).

I'm falling asleep again. Gotta go...

No comments: