Friday, June 27, 2008

All Grown Up

When Nikki got back from church camp today, she walked in to find her little brother skating around the house in roller blades (HER roller blades, actually). He has also been accident-free for about 36 hours. She gave him a huge hug and told him to stop growing up.

If only it was that easy.

I have to admit it was a little sad packing up all the cloth diapering gear, rearranging the furniture since we no longer need a changing pad, etc. NOT because I enjoy diapering, but because this is the last baby I will ever have. And he's not a baby anymore.

I am so happy for him, and he is really proud of himself. But as a mom, I have to take a little time to grieve the passing of his babyhood.

1 comment:

Susan said...

The diaper packing kills me every time! Oh, if they could only stay babies for a little longer.