Monday, May 26, 2008

Pomp & Circumstance

I graduated. Again. Yeah! No more school for me...EVER!! I'm SO excited!

Graduation was good for closure. Most of my cohort was there, and our professor who advised us. Scott came with the kids, and my mom and dad. We even had one of our alumni, Jackie, join us! VERY nice of her considering it was at 8:00 on a Sunday morning!

So now I'm back to just being a mom and a teacher. A teacher who is REALLY looking forward to summer when I can just be a mom. Time to focus on my family for awhile.

And Scott is back to coaching, just as I am finishing up. The Lord worked it all out for us.

My friend Angela graduated at the same time as me. She's seven years younger and just earned her SECOND MA. She sat and prayed with me as I was struggling with the decision to go back to school and was one of my cheerleaders throughout the program. She kept saying she was proud of me. But really, it had a lot to do with my wonderful husband, who picked up my slack. And my friends and family who supported me through this. And the fact that the program wasn't that rigorous. ;)

And it proves this point: I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

No comments: