Thursday, May 22, 2008

Catching up?

It's been a BUSY week!

Nikki's Girl Scout troop went camping this weekend. Also during the weekend, they bridged to Cadettes. So exciting! And exhausting (YOU try sleeping in a tent with five twelve-year-old girls!)!

Nikki ran for student council! She was running against two seventh graders for the office of Religious Affairs. She wrote a great speech, we stayed up until midnight making pins and posters, and she did wonderfully during her speech in front of the school (I was told by two teachers). Unfortunately, she did not win (she and the other girl split the female vote so the boy won). Regardless, it was fun and she's excited to try again next year.

Caleb is turning four tomorrow! I can't believe he's going to be four!! He is very excited and wants to take cookies to school so he can celebrate with his friends. We still don't know what we'll be doing for his actual birthday, but his pool party is Sunday. My mom saved the day and went to Party City yesterday to buy all the supplies. I sent out E-vites two days ago. I am a VERY bad and unprepared mom. :P

On the same morning as Caleb's party, I will be graduating from SDSU again!

So we're very busy this week. I'm looking forward to Memorial Day!

2 comments:

TAMI said...

Maybe Nikki can give "Shealyn" an ecouraging talk. She's wanted to run for ASB the last two years, and though I've offered lots of resources and help (yes, "staying up until midnight" kinds of things), she's crippled by fear of THE SPEECH. So, she's missing out. I did WAY to much "missing" in school and I want so much MORE than that for my munchkins. Aaah. If only it were that easy.

Cindy said...

I'll put a bug in her ear. :)

I still get nervous when I have to talk in front of large groups of grown-ups, so I understand her fear. The trick, of course, is to not let our fears prevent us from doing what we have to do.