Friday, April 25, 2008

Whew!

Thankfully, Caleb's puking germs ran their course by Tuesday evening. This was especially wonderful because Scott's entire family was planning a trip to Disneyland on Thursday, and since it's taken us five months to schedule this date, another one would have been hard to come by!

SO Monday I had a staff development meeting at my house, Tuesday I thought I was working but I got called at 11:30 to get Caleb, who then had to stay home on Wednesday with Scott (because I've missed WAY too much work!). Wednesday, Caleb had speech therapy, so Nikki and I went to school, Scott stayed home with Caleb, took him to speech therapy, and then picked us up at school and we drove to Anaheim. We stayed the night Wed. night, went to Disneyland yesterday, and got home at 10:00 last night. Today we were back at work/school, but now it's the weekend, which is always good, but I'm having a really hard time getting caught up!

Fortunately, we have a quiet weekend. This is especially fortunate since I have a lot of work to do for both work and school.

In medical news, Caleb officially has some sort of hearing loss. When they tested him, he had fluid in his ears, so the extent of the loss was inconclusive. This prompted another referral, which meant three more phone calls and another appointment to schedule. The poor boy will have been seen by the doctor more times in two months than in his entire life! Also, he was assessed by our school district resource teacher today and was found to have speech delays, so we will be scheduling an IEP meeting with them soon. I'm so glad he's finally getting the help he needs, but all of these appointments are hard to juggle with a full-time job. And school.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

1 comment:

TAMI said...

Pleased to hear - as you said - that Caleb is getting properly diagnosed . . . which means he's also going to get some excellent assistant. That is, IF you can manage all the running around!!