Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Progress & Germs

Caleb is still running fevers in the 100s when he's not on drugs. We will be going BACK to the doctor tomorrow, just in case something has decided to appear to be infected since Sunday. The poor boy feels pretty good when the Motrin and/or Tylenol is in effect, but as soon as it wears off he curls up in a ball and goes to sleep. It's very sad and I'm getting worried about all these drugs we're giving him to keep his fever down. This can't be good for his little organs.

Tomorrow is my turn to stay home. Maybe I'll finally get some sleep. I've been averaging about four hours a night since this started. I'm beginning to have flashbacks to the days when he was a newborn.

Some good things happened today, too.

1. I went and picked up my cap and gown. I'M GRADUATING!! YEAH! :) Of course, it cost an arm and a leg just to get the cap and gown and some announcements. What a racket! Oh well, it's the last time I'm doing this so I might as well just enjoy it.

2. Even better...when I went to get my cap & gown I took Nikki and Alan (the boy we drive to and from school) with me because we went on the way home. While I was paying for parking, the attendant said, "Are you the mom???" I told him that yes, I am the mom. And he said, "Wow! You look REALLY young!" Now, I was wearing a hoodie sweater and sunglasses, so it probably had more to do with the way I was dressed than actually looking young, but I'll take it. :)

3. Caleb's referral for a hearing test was approved. It came in the mail today.

We're supposed to start speech therapy tomorrow, but I certainly can't take a germy boy. I'm praying that he'll wake up in the morning and be all better. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she??

2 comments:

TAMI said...

Celebrating the GOOD with you!!
I'm so excited about your "cap & gown" - you've worked so hard.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Melissa said...

Woohoo for the good stuff!

And... good luck with the rest. Poor guy!