Sunday, April 27, 2008

Distractions

Caleb will be turning four next month! Where did the time go??

So, of course, it is much more fun to plan for his birthday than to, say, read essays or work on my final project for my last class for my MA. I wasn't sure whether to go with a pirate theme (since he spends half his days dressed as one) or a Veggie Tales theme (his other favorite-and the inspiration for the pirate obsession). He is really into being a pirate, but he finds pirates other than the Veggie variety to be rather scary. We browsed online today:

Me: Do you want to have a pirate party or a Bob and Larry party?
Caleb: It's my birthday! I want cake! I love cake.
Me: Well, it's not your birthday yet. You have a few more weeks. But we need to decide what kind of party you want to have. Do you want Bob and Larry or pirates?
Caleb: Bob and Larry. Pirates.
Me: Which one?
Caleb: Bob and Larry. Pirates.
Me: (switching tabs on the browser between pictures of the two choices) This one?
Caleb: Pirates.
Me: Or this one?
Caleb: Bob and Larry.

We finally arrived at the decision that he likes pirates when they're VEGETABLES dressed like pirates, but not when they're "scary" pirates. And he definitely doesn't want to go on the "pirate boat" at Disneyland (not that we'll be going back anytime in the near future).

Shockingly, there is very little in the way of partyware bearing veggies dressed as pirates. Go figure.

I think we'll just have a pool party and call it good.

1 comment:

TAMI said...

At 97 degrees today, I'm thinking a pool party beats DRESSING up as anything!!