Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Beginnings & Letting Go

The house is nearing a stage where it might once again be sane. We have a fully operational kitchen which I LOVE! We have been using it a LOT and I don't ever want to eat out again. Okay, well maybe someday, but not anytime soon.

Caleb started his final year of preschool last Monday and then started soccer on Tuesday. That's a funny story for another day.

Nikki started her final year of elementary school today. She's officially an eighth-grader (both of her schools have been K-8). Wow. Next year she will be starting high school. They played this song on K-LOVE as I was driving her to her Spanish class, and I had to change the station before I got too emotional. It makes me sad to know that we only have five years left with her. I know that five years is a long time, and that she won't really ever not be mine, but still...

CHAMPs has a new leader this year, and he's actually an old friend. We had a smooth start to our school year, and I'm optimistic that this year will be the push that we need to get back on track. We lost a lot of great teachers, including Scott, after last year. The new staff seems great, and the students have chosen "New Beginnings" for our theme this year. I certainly hope so.

Today was also my first day without my beloved Class of 2009 after four years of working together. My new students seem great, and I was actually fine once I got started, but the drive to work was a little teary as I contemplated all this change. I have trouble letting go. I need to get over it.

So that's where I am tonight. Feeling a little nostalgic, but very optimistic. It's going to be a great year!

No comments: