Thursday, August 20, 2009

Parenting Tip of the Day

Caleb: Mommy, I have a big surprise for you.
Me: [Half listening because I'm painting.] You do? What?
Caleb: I clean the toilet for you!
Me: [Paying attention now.] You what??
Caleb: [Beaming.] I clean the toilet for you! Come see!
Me: [Quickly putting down roller and following him up the stairs.] Why was the toilet dirty?
Caleb: [Leading me into our bathroom.] Ta-da!!

My first observation was that there was a very strong scent in the air and some soggy toilet paper shredded all over the toilet tank. Also, there were TWO bottles of air freshener instead of one.

Parenting Tip of the Day:
Do not leave bottles of Febreeze around where your five-year-old might find them and mistake them for scrubbing bubbles. Or you could just supervise your kids. That would work too.

3 comments:

Hank said...

Caleb is a good kid! Kids and toilets just scare me because of how fun it is to make things go bye-bye. Things that mean you'll be greeting your plumber again.

Ronnie said...

I'm sorry! Bill flushed of course toilet paper down, but then for some reason, the toilet accepted those cardboard covered Golden Books down the hole as well as well as a G.I Joe.

Once again....I'm sorry :)

Jenifer said...

Leave out a few spray bottles of water and vinegar ans a couple wash cloths, then he can clean to his hearts content. That is what we do when the kids are in a cleaning mood.