Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cold Feet

So I leave for Ecuador in just three days. THREE DAYS! And then I'll be away from my family for TEN DAYS!!! I've never been away from my kids that long. EVER. And the last time I left Scott for that long was before we were married. So I'm feeling a little, well, nauseous. I prayed for a long time about this decision, and it was really one of those things where God hit me over the head and said, "GO!" So I know I'm supposed to do this. But I'm really getting cold feet here. I'm going to miss them so much!

Another issue is my students. My colleagues have got me covered, but I'm going to be gone until the end of the grading period and I'm going to have to come back and do grades because they are due the NEXT DAY. ACK!!

So here I go with my final preparations. I probably won't be blogging much this week. Since I seem to have been designated "blogmaster" for the group, I probably will only be blogging on the other site while we are there. I imagine we will be busy working most of the time.

So for now, farewell! Please pray that our presence will be a blessing to the children at For His Children. And if you're in a position to take good care of my family, please do so!!

XOXO
Cindy

2 comments:

TAMI said...

What other site will you be blogging at? Please let us know so we can peek in.

Cindy said...

If you click on the hyperlink on the word "Ecuador," it will take you right to it. :)