Tuesday, June 16, 2009

DONE!

Schools out!!

It was a busy and wonderful final weekend with my seniors. Friday night we went out for pizza, rode on the rides at Belmont Park, and then cried our eyes out at a two-hour goodbye ceremony.

Saturday the Peer Helpers all came over for a pool party/potluck. They had a great time swimming, playing basketball and ladderball, and (oh yeah) throwing me in the pool. >(

Sunday they all had a bonfire at the beach, which I opted out of since I needed to do laundry. We also celebrated Mother's & Father's Days with Scott's parents/grandparents.

And yesterday was the big day! I had the honor of reading my kids' names for the final time as they received their diplomas. My favorite moment was when one of my students asked me to call her by my nickname for her as she walked across the stage. What a proud time for them. And since we did all our crying on Friday, I just had a blast taking pictures and loving being together one last time.

And now this year, which was so wonderful in every way that had to do with the students and so miserable in many ways that had to do with the staff, is over. Thanks be to God. It's summer!!! :)

No comments: