Saturday, April 11, 2009

Vacation of Vomit

I believe I mentioned that Caleb had the flu last Saturday? And that Nikki came down with it while we were packing up to come home from our camping trip? Well, we had one day of healthy Pages and then I came down with it Thursday night. It was BAD! I spent all Good Friday in bed and missed services. Then, magically, 24 hours after the achiness set in, I felt not bad (good would be stretch).

The worst part about it, though, was looking at poor Scott and knowing that he was next. And sure enough, this morning at 1:00, he woke up and said, "My turn." I told him he had another four hours before the vomiting started, and sure enough he did. So today he will be in bed all day.

The good news is that, so far, his has been a milder case. And also that he will be well in time for Easter.

When Caleb made his daily early-morning migration to our bed yesterday, Scott took him back to bed (there was no resting in our room at that point) saying, "Mommy is sick." This morning, he was invited over to my side of the bed with the admonition, "Daddy is sick." Both times, he responded, "Yeah, I throw up." In spite of acknowledging his responsibility for this epidemic, he doesn't seem to feel the least bit guilty. It must be nice to be four.

2 comments:

TAMI said...

Now that the four of you have each had a "turn" I suppose there's a little relief that it's finally over. On the other hand ... let's wait a few days before you come over with the bubble wrap!

Cindy said...

Deal.