Friday, April 3, 2009

Grumpy

It's SPRING BREAK!!! I should be SO EXCITED! And yet, I'm not.

I was at work until 5:00 today doing grades. Have I mentioned that I hate grades?? Especially FINAL grades that go on transcripts?? Well, I do. Even though I only have a couple students failing (and they missed the better part of the semester, so there's not much I can do about that!).

Also annoying is the large, wet, floorless area in my kitchen where the dishwasher and flooring should be. Caleb's WONDERFUL Goddad came all the way out here today (he lives 45 minutes away!) to cut out the ruined flooring and remove the old dishwasher. He also was kind enough to cap something off so we have hot water (!!!). I got home at 5:30 so I could do dishes by hand for 90 minutes (apparently there were still A LOT of dirty dishes in the leaky dishwasher). Then we went out to dinner (again) and to Costco to get biodegradable paper plates (I know, they're not really going to biodegrade in a landfill, but I'm desperate!). Don't get me wrong, I could certainly deal with no dishwasher for a week or even two, but it's going to be FOUR MONTHS until we even START to put our kitchen back together.

I have to be at work at 10:00 tomorrow for a psych review. I may or may not have at least five students there. THEN I get to transport my Peer Helpers to a Dance-a-Thon. Since Saturday is already shot, it's fine. However, they also scheduled another meeting during Spring Break and informed me of this today. Since it's supposed to be in my classroom, I'm not sure how that's going to work for them. I will most certainly NOT be there!

So I am grumpy. I tried commiserating with a friend and she told me tonight that she doesn't like to talk to me when I'm being so negative. I told her to have a nice trip (she's leaving tomorrow for vacation) and hung up. My mom called to wish me a happy break and was surprised that I wasn't so very happy at all. I had to go eat dinner, but I didn't call her back. My husband slunk off to bed. So guess what, blog, YOU get to be the recipient of all my grumpy rantings!

Now, I'm going to kiss my kids goodnight (and yes, they're still awake!) and drown my sorrows in chocolate.

Tomorrow will be a better day. Okay, well, maybe Sunday will. Grrrr....

3 comments:

Rachel said...

awwwwww I wish I was still your tutor so I could help with grades!!! I loved grading things!!!! Sleep well tonight and hopefully I'll see you soon! Why is it that we live in the same tiny town and NEVER see each other??? we need a planned run-in at like GoldenSpoon or something...

Lisa said...

hey...you be grumpy if you want!! And you can always call me and be "negative"! I have those same type of days and the only thing that seems to help is a good VENTING session! I hope you are feeling better now!

Cindy said...

Thanks to both of you for understanding!! :)