Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Whole New World

Caleb continues to adjust to his hearing aids. We take little breaks here and there so his ears can breathe, but then they go right back on. He wore them for about five hours straight last night. He starts school on Wed., so I'm hoping he'll be acclimated by then.

Last night, we went to a church dinner which was held outside on the patio. While we were sitting there, a jet flew overhead. Caleb perked up and said, "What's that??" He'd never heard a jet before! He's seen/heard plenty of small jets/planes as they take off/land at our small local airport, but never the hum of one high up in the sky. So cool!

3 comments:

tammy said...

That's awesome he heard that jet! I bet your heart just melted!!! I can't wait for my Aiden to hear things like this!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

YES! Sooo cool!

You can just imagine what he's thinking... "Oh! Those things make NOISE?!"

Cindy said...

THANKS for sharing our excitement! He also heard his daddy's voice on a movie I was playing on my laptop in the OTHER ROOM! Wow!