Friday, August 22, 2008

Hurray!! Yippee!! Woohoo!!

Today is the day! Caleb got his hearing aids!! The pictures my mom took pretty much say it all.





The joy was tempered by the annoyance of having large, form-fitting pieces of putty in his ears. He wanted to scratch itches in his ears. He wanted to take them off. He pulled the tubes out of the earmolds (!). But every time he had a break from them (swimming, repairs, itches), as soon as I put them back on, he looked at me and said, "Say hello." I did, and as soon as I did, a huge smile covered his face.

So we're adjusting, but mostly it's a wonderful thing!! Yay!!

5 comments:

TAMI said...

Wow, Cindy!! I can't wait to say "Hello" to Caleb, as well!!! I'll be so interesting to see how much changes for him.

Melissa said...

Woo-hooooooo!

Karen Putz said...

A smooth transition to hearing aids--that's great!

Susan said...

WOOO-HOOO!!!!I can't wait to see him hear me!!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hi Cindy,

Just found your blog, and FUN! Reminds me of when my son first got his HA's.

There is something very breathtaking about that "Ah ha!" moment.

Julie