Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What were we thinking??

Scott and I had an anniversary this weekend, and so we conspired to have a date. At first, we were going to go on Saturday night (our anniversary was Sunday), but Scott told Nikki our plans (which involved her spending the night at Grammy's) and she burst into tears at the thought of not getting to spend one of her two nights with us. I concurred (although I didn't actually cry), and so my mom was kind enough to reschedule for Tuesday night, when Nikki was away at camp.

Yesterday afternoon, I took Caleb to my mom's where he walked in the door, turned around and said, "Bye Mom." I actually walked in, greeted my parents, and dropped off his stuff before I left, but he clearly wasn't upset about it.

We went out, had a delicious dinner at Ruth's Chris, and had a great time just the two of us. We slept intermittently until 9:30 (note-this NEVER happens) this morning. I say intermittently because we still had the animals (mainly Nikki's cat) waking us up frequently, but we just fell right back to sleep. As soon as we got up, the phone rang. It was my mom. I'm not clear on the details, but she sounded like Caleb had had an accident every hour since he got there. I dropped everything, got in the car, and got him.

Since he's been home, he's been dry and used the potty on his own.

So instead of having a romantic sushi lunch, we're eating leftovers with Caleb. And so it goes.

1 comment:

TAMI said...

My kids are over at your house at this very minute jumping on your NEW trampoline. Do note, however, that they are in their swimsuits and wet ... just in case Caleb's tooshie is wet when he comes it - it porbably wasn't that he had an accident, but rather than he did a little tooshie bump in an already dripped on spot on the trampoline!!