Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Officially Old (and Poor)

I went with Nikki to the optometrist today. She needed new glasses. Again. Of course. ($400) The twist: I needed them, too. For reading. That makes me officially old, I think.($100)

On the bright side, Caleb also was fitted for his ear molds today. And we have a date for the hearing aids-August 22! Did you know that hearing aids cost $2000? EACH?? (insurance covers half and the ear molds cost $200, which we paid for today)

AND the car needed new tires before our upcoming vacation. ($400) I told my friend Mich that today cost us over $1000! There are 31 days in July. We could spend $31,000 in one month and have nothing fun to show for it.

And the really BAD part about summer vacation is NO PAYCHECK. For a family of teachers, that's NO PAYCHECK X 2!! But we'll be able to see, hear, and travel. I know-priceless. But I'm really glad that, for everything else, there's MasterCard!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

If reading glasses make you officially old, I've been old for years. But if you want to feel young, you can always just not wear them and have a headache.

Cindy said...

See, if you ALWAYS have needed them, then that doesn't count. But thanks for the tip.