Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Almost there...

We have two more days of school until Winter Break. HOORAY!!!! Because I have a LOT of things to get done during that break. Things like Christmas shopping, Christmas cards, Christmas baking, Christmas wrapping, Christmas decorating, and maybe even some Christmas fun?? That would be nice. We also still have a LOT of trim to paint and a LOT of pictures to put up on the wall and a LOT of organizing to do. I'm thinking I may not have time to do all of this, and what I'd really like to do is spend some quality time in my bathtub, but I fear this is unlikely. Oh well.

Emma is still with us and still wonderful. We actually went on a DATE on Friday, and nobody called to tell us that we needed to come home because Caleb was having a meltdown. It was fabulous. We'll miss her when she goes home for vacation.

Nikki is at a dance tonight. She is getting so grown-up. Where does the time go??

Caleb is still very unhappy with us that he still has to go to school and he still can't open his presents. I tried counting angels to show how many days are left but he got mad at me because I was counting 1, 2, 3, 4 when the angels said 15, 16, 17, 18. I felt a mathematical explanation was probably overkill so I just gave up. It's hard to be five.

Two more days, two more days, two more days...

No comments: