Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekly Update?

So apparently I'm blogging once a week these days. This week was actually much better than last week (which looked a lot like last Saturday). Scott was the one with meetings this week, so I got to spend some time reconnecting with the kids.

Caleb has an IEP meeting next Wed. We will have to make a decision whether to put him in their early kindergarten program or keep him in preschool. There are benefits and drawbacks to both scenarios. Please pray for guidance. He's take another cognitive leap and is impressing us every day with new phrases and skills. Last night he put together a puzzle without any help!

Nikki is at yet another birthday party with one of her best friends. I'm grateful she's getting some time with some wonderful girls (Jaycie last week, Trina this week). She's been struggling with a "mean girl" at school, but seems to be handling it beautifully. Unfortunately, she has to depend on this girl to get to her zero-period Spanish class every day. I'm also praying for a solution to this problem. Ah, middle school. How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways...

Crawford had its homecoming game yesterday. It was horrible. 70-0. Plus our quarterback broke his leg and one of my students broke his arm. He's just in a splint and is in a lot of pain, but he's going to Children's today to see an orthopedist.

So this morning we have chores (because my house has been sorely neglected) and then Boo's soccer game this afternoon. It should be a good day. Yeah, Saturday!!!! Hope yours is great, too!

No comments: