Thursday, January 10, 2008

Something Old, Something New...

I am the something old.

I have a birthday coming up next week, and as I creep closer and closer to forty, I am realizing that I have now become what I once thought was old. I'm sure that working in a high school doesn't help, nor does the fact that my daughter is in middle school. One thing in particular that made me feel even older was the fact that my hair is turning grayer and grayer (is that a word?). My hair started turning gray when I was sixteen, so it shouldn't be surprising that it is quite gray at 37, but I was tired of having it work against me.

So today I got it colored (something new). No more virgin hair. It still looks pretty much the same as it did before I got it colored, but without threads of gray poking out here and there (curly gray hairs are particularly proud, apparently).

My stylist says that gray hair isn't something that you notice is missing, but you definitely notice when it's there. So tonight something is missing. Funny, I don't miss it at all.

No comments: