Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why I Haven't Graded Your Essays

This is dedicated to the CHAMPs Class of 2011

I know I said I would grade your personal statements today. And really, I had every intention of doing that. BUT...
  • Even though I didn't have to go to my staff meeting today, I DID stay for the Peer Helping meeting.Which went until 2:15. Which is my normal time to stop teaching. So much for my afternoon grading time.
  • Then I was going to see Ms. Wilson, but she wasn't feeling up to a visit. So I went grocery shopping because we had no yogurt in the house. This is a major problem at my house. Problem solved.
  • Then I picked up Caleb and took the groceries home. We unloaded the groceries and then decided that it was very hot outside and the perfect weather for frozen yogurt. And I can't grade when Caleb is around anyway because he keeps interrupting me, so we went for yogurt.
  • Then I came home and thought that maybe I could grade TWO essays or something, but then Nikki called to pick her up from practice. Then I drove the wrong direction because I thought I was going to church (?!) but in fact I was NOT going to church. So then we drove completely around Santee to get to West Hills. Yeah.
  • Then I came home and Nikki took a shower and I drove Emma to school, and Nikki and Trina and Caleb to church.
  • Then I tried to come home but Emma texted me and her class had been canceled so I went back and picked her up. And then we were hungry so we went to dinner at Anna's restaurant but Anna wasn't there.
  • Then I picked up Caleb at church but Nikki and Trina weren't done so I texted Scott and told him to get them on his way home from his class at SDSU.
  • Then I came home and bathed Caleb and read him a book and now I am writing this blog.
So that is why I didn't grade your essays today. I'm really, really sorry. Maybe tomorrow?

2 comments:

Hank Marxen said...

You'll get to it.

daba2010 said...

wow i cannot believe all this can happen in one day i thought my life was busy but i think grading personal statements is just a curse for you because same thing happened last year but u are still the greatest English teacher around.