Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another Goodbye

Today we said goodbye to Maggie, our almost-16-year-old golden retriever. I really have almost nothing to say about this right now. I know it was the right decision, I know she was suffering, and yet it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. And I know that it's killing Nikki.

So I guess I'll go modify my blog header and leave you with one of my favorite pictures of her. Rest in peace, sweet girl.

Maggie Elizabeth Page
November 17, 1994 - September 28, 2010

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so very sorry!! Losing a pet is so hard and I hope that Nikki is healing from her loss. I love that picture too!!

Cindy said...

It was really, really hard. It's been a week and I still expect to see her curled up on her bed when I wake up in the morning and when I get out of the shower and pretty much anytime I walk into the room. I miss her. So do Nikki and Caleb, and the other pets. But we're all moving on because we don't have a choice. If only our animals lived as long as we do...