Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Public School Blues

I'm not very good about blogging these days. And right now I should be sleeping instead of blogging, but I'm not so here we go.

In Caleb news, he is apparently attending school with a child who has a rather colorful vocabulary (okay, the kid cusses like a sailor) and these lovely little phrases have been making appearances at home. He was playing Mario Brothers with Tim, and Tim said it sounded like he said, "Son of a..." (He didn't actually finish it, but still!) Tonight, along with his fit about taking a bath (WHY does this come as a shock EVERY NIGHT??) he grumbled, "Goddammit!" Because I heard this one, a Q and A ensued:

Me: We don't talk like that. Where did you hear that word?
Caleb: I don't know.
Me: Did someone at school say it?
Caleb: Cary (I don't really know this kid's name, but this is what it sounds like when Caleb says it) said it. He say potty talk. That word is for the bathroom.

So apparently the teacher is on it, because there's no way that Caleb came up with that little speech on his own. Can I just say that I MISS CATHOLIC SCHOOL?!!!!!!!

Oh, and Caleb's audiologist's receptionist keeps calling me at home to make an appointment, presumably for a hearing test. So I call her back and leave her a message telling her to call me on my cell. Then she calls my house and leaves a message. It goes on and on. I think we've been doing this for two months now (maybe SHE needs hearing aids). I can't wait for Caleb to impress the audiologist with the new vocabulary he's picking up now that he can hear. *sigh*

No comments: