Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Where to start?

We are back from Yosemite. In an answer to prayer, we have no bear stories to tell. I think this is in large part due to the fact that it is entirely too cold for anyone to survive a night where we were camping, so the bears intelligently moved to the valley. Regardless, I am grateful to have returned without incident.

Yosemite was BEAUTIFUL and we camped right on the Merced River. Here are some pictures of the kids enjoying that particular amenity.

I think my favorite day was spent in the valley at Happy Isles and Mirror Lake. Gorgeous.

Goddad rigged a solar shower, which made the trip bearable.

On Thursday, I even got to wash my hair in Curry Village. Unfortunately, we also ate in the cafeteria there, which resulted in Godmom and I puking all night. Did you know that it's very inconvenient to vomit while camping? First, zipping oneself out of sleeping bags and tents does not make it easy to vomit outside the company of others. Recognizing this, I moved into the van for the night, where the door just swings right open and provides easy access to bushes. I considered driving down to the bathroom, but that would have required entirely too much movement. Godmom, however, did make it to the bathroom, where she sat on a rock outside for about three hours. Did I mention it was COLD where we were? We're talking low 40's at night. When I found this out Friday morning, I felt quite guilty about not moving the van down there.

We came home Saturday to find that my wonderful mother had cleaned all of the bathrooms and washed our sheets. I am relishing my access to plumbing. :)

While we were gone, Scott accepted a position at Clairemont High School. For the first time in our married life, we will be working in different places. I'm sure it will be a great opportunity for growth.

We are currently painting the house. Last night, we spent about three hours priming. We're not done with the two rooms we started. It's going to be a long week.

We painted last night because during the day I had to go into school to interview a prospective English teacher. We were required to offer her the position. I tried to be as scary as possible. We'll see.

And right now I should be changing into painting clothes and getting started. Today my skin and hair will be green. Lovely, yes? It will be great when it's done, it will be great when it's done...

Hasta luego.

2 comments:

Jenifer said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time (except for the vomiting)

Ronnie said...

I love the pictures! Bill and Holly got married up at Mirror Lake and yes it is baeutiful up there! So sorry to hear about the food poisioning, not fun at all no matter where you are at.